Friday, February 3, 2012

TGIF: Book Appeal


When you're browsing goodreads, the library, or another blogger's reviews, what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?

I know I'm not supposed to judge a book by its cover but when browsing the library shelves the covers are what most often what grab my attention and make me want to read it. When I'm reading a physical book I love having a relatively new copy in my hands and I also like to read the books people are buzzing about so I tend to stick to the new arrival shelf.

Through goodreads I add a lot of books that friends have given high ratings to. I might not have read Divergent last year were it not for the excellent word of mouth on behalf of many of my internet friends who were raving about it. I also utilize listopia searches a lot by genre, especially when I'm looking for good romance reads since that genre can be rather hit or miss sometimes.

No comments: