Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks

In order to come up with a list of ten books I think would make great book club picks I had to first envision the kind of book club I'd be picking them for. I mean I know people (my mom's boss for example) who have really stuck up and pretentious book clubs where they read the latest Thomas Friedman books and then debate politics for two hours. If I had a book club it would probably involve lots of wine and appetizers and gossip. The books would be fast reads, YA or contemporary fiction, nothing that stresses out book club members to get finished in time for a meeting.

It would also involve books I have not read. Just because.
  1. Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
  2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  3. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn
  4. Lock & Key by Sarah Dessen
  5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  6. Wicked by Gregory Maguire
  7. The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted: And Other Small Acts of Liberation by Elizabeth Berg
  8. Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich
  9. Heft by Liz Moore
  10. Big Girl Small: A Novel by Rachel DeWoskin

4 comments:

SassyCassie said...

Can we have a book club? Wine and apps? Mmm...

Oh, and books.

April said...

Yes! I'm serious. We should do that.

Savannah said...

I'm with Cassie. Please start a book club!! :)

Karen said...

I would totally join your book club. Seriously.